RSS

fashion

I know I'm getting old.

I see teens in church and stores and I say "oh my.... that's an interesting style..." I see clothes in the mall and think there is no way anyone could possibly think it looks good, then I look around and see all the teens wearing them.

I just don't understand today's styles. Short skirts and leggins? UGG Boots? belts OVER shirts? Some things just scream 80's to me and I don't understand why anyone would want to go back to those styles.

I am thankful that while I was in high school the style was so simple and made sense. Jeans and a t-shirt, or a fitted baby t. Not skinny jeans, not peg legged jeans, just regular relaxed jeans. Sure, some guys wore them too low and pretty baggy, but I'd rather see guys in baggy jeans than in girls jeans! (seriously, how is that comfortable? not only do guys wear girl's jeans, they wear TIGHT girls jeans!)

I don't claim to be a fashion expert, in fact I'm quit comfortable in my boot cut, or regular jeans and whatever shirt I choose to put on. I just know that I'm getting old when I don't even see a way that the latest teen fashions could be considered "cool".

0 comments: