RSS

My Baby

My baby is just a few days away from being 6 months old. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. Almost every day it hits me how big she is! She's wearing 6-9 month clothing (and has been for a month). She rolls and rolls, she pushes up and now she's started pulling her knees up under her. She doesn't have any teeth, and still isn't sleeping through the night. In fact she gets up about 3-4 times a night (between 8pm and 7am). It's really starting to get to me too. Between 3:30 and 4am every night she wakes up screaming with lots of gas, then is normally awake for an hour to an hour and a half. This is only after she wakes up around 12:30 and again at 3:00 to eat. After I get her back to sleep around 5, she normally will wake up again at 6 then sleep until 7 or 8. I have no clue what to do, or what not to do. Lexi was so easy and slept through the night by 5 months.

I thought maybe her being in our bed and nursing laying down was the problem, so we moved her into the pack and play and I sit up to feed her. It helped for the first few nights, but now it's back to her screaming again. I'm planning on asking her doctor at her 6 month appointment, but that's not for another 2 weeks. She also has a bunch of spots of dry skin on her, I think it's eczema, but I'll have them check those out too.

I really like the girls doctor, and their office is nice and put together. They also have these cute netbooks, that they keep all the information on in stead of lots of papers floating around. I think it was the first time I had seen a netbook before, but I just thought they were so cute and was amazed at the technology. The one time Lexi had an ear infection the doctor just sent the prescription right to the pharmacy from her netbook. It was cool.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make a baby sleep through the night I'd love to hear them.

0 comments: