RSS

economic stimulus check

I don't want anyone reading to think I'm upset about extra money. That's why I'm starting this blog with that sentence.

I'm not sure I understand the point of the check we'll be receiving this month from the government. It's some how supposed to jump start the economy by giving everyone extra money I guess.

I guess because we will all get that money and go out and buy extra things like flat screen tvs, an elliptical machine or for anyone weird like me- cloth diapers.

But how is this one time spending going to help make more jobs and get America out of debt? The good people (one of which I am not) wont even spend their money. They'll apply it all to a debt, or put it in the bank to save.

Am I misunderstanding the point of this check? Or is there something I don't know about spending money that will help us not go into another great depression?

0 comments: