RSS

Interesting Day

Lately when we go in Lexi's room in the mornings it has been smelling like mildew. We've always kept her door closed while she sleeps, that way the noise we make doesn't affect her. Since breathing in mildew isn't exactly a good thing we thought we'd try leaving her door open while we were asleep too. We weren't sure what was going to happen, but we tried it.

At 4:30 this morning she started crying for momma. After a few minutes she was still crying so I went in to get her and brought her to our room. I thought since it was so early she'd fall back asleep in between Eugene and I, and we'd be able to bring her back to her bed and get some sleep. I was wrong.

She wanted to snuggle with her daddy, which was fine, until she was trying to get him to play peek a book. She seemed too awake. So I asked her if she wanted to go back to her bed. She said yes, Eugene brought her back there and as soon as he put her in the crib and pulled the side up she started screaming. Not the type of screaming you ignore, especially not at the wee hours of the morning. Anyway, we tried a couple other things and at 5:30 she was still wide awake so I gave up and brought her into the livingroom. She wanted to watch Curious George, so she sat on the couch, milk in one hand, cereal in the other. She was in a complete zone.

I decided to take advantage of the still time and read some blogs and stuff. My computer is running so slow now, it doesn't like waking up so early, I think it needs a memory upgrade or something, but for now I deal with a slow computer.

Anyway, around 8:15 she decided it was time to go back to bed and slept until 11. So now it's lunch time, but it feels like it's still 9 am!! This day is just flying! I've even been getting stuff done like laundry, dishes, more laundry, diaper stuffing. All the usual.

On a good note, she woke up in a great mood and is happy now.

0 comments: