RSS

I think I need a bigger car

or make that a mini van please. I started packing for our trip today. I have NO CLUE how we will get all of this stuff plus the four of us in the car. We have stuff for dressing up for the wedding, toys and movies to keep the kids busy, tents and other camping supplies. Luckily we do not have a pet, so there are no dog supplies to try to fit in the car. I'm pretty sure we are going to have to strap something to the roof.

We thought about getting a roof top carrier until we remembered what happened last time we used one. When Lexi was just a few weeks old we took a trip with my mom and step dad. They swung through from Texas and picked us up and we drove up to NJ, then continued up to Maine a few days later. They had a 4 door family car, and there were 5 of us plus all of the stuff we needed for two weeks crammed in that car. Did I mention we had an infant? Do you know how much junk is needed for an infant?! They go through about 6 outfits a day! Well, mom and Rick bought a roof top carrier to fit some of our stuff in. The only problem was they didn't have a roof rack which meant they had to strap it down directly to the car. Not a problem, the bags are meant for that. Well... it rained the WHOLE time up to New Jersey and where the straps came in the car leaked. We all were REALLY wet by the time we made it up to my grandma's house. It's a funny story now, but then it was cold and wet! :)

0 comments: