RSS

Get it for FREE!!

My frugal friday tip for this week is get it for free! A friend of mine at my old church in TN told me about freecycle (www.freecycle.org). If you have never heard of it you need to check it out. It is a yahoo group, with different sections for different towns or counties. You sign up for the one that is near you and you can choose to recieve individual emails or daily emails of all the activity on the group. Here is how it works. If you have something you no longer want you post it on freecycle. Everyone in the group sees the post you wrote and the people that want it email you back and you set up a time that they come pick it up. It's that simple. And since you see what everyone else posts you can find things that you want and email them and go pick it up! It gets even better... If you want something- like poker tables, you post a wanted ad and people who have one that are willing to get rid of it email you back and you can go pick it up! It's great! So far on freecycle i have recieved a booster seat, a toddler swing, a really nice coleman cooler, and an outdoor riding toy. I have gotten rid of way more than I can type on here. This is just a great way to save money!

Check out more money saving ideas here!

1 comments:

Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

Freecycle rocks. I've yet to get anything from them... but I've decluttered by giving a lot away through there. I love the concept that it's not going to a landfill, but rather to another fill another need somewhere else.